Baby Yoga courses are run for 4 consecutive weeks. Call Katy on 07887526439 for more information or to book your course.
All you need to know about Baby Yoga
During the course you will learn how to carry out a number of exercises to encourage your baby to become even more flexible than they already are. The sessions are all set to classical music, which is well-documented to encourage: concentration, well-balanced behavioural patterns, the capacity to learn and take in visual messages and signs. You will be provided with a laminated copy of all the exercises we will be covering over the 4 week course, to give you the opportunity to practise between sessions and to continue to enjoy the benefits of baby yoga with your baby, once your course is completed. Baby Yoga is suitable for babies aged 6 weeks to 9 months.
There will be plenty of time (each session) to chat and talk through common topics such as: sleep, weaning, establishing routines, local groups and activities etc. This is a relaxed and informal class so if your baby needs to feed, sleep, be changed, or comforted suring the session, please do not hesitate to take as much time as you need and then join in again when you are ready to do so.
Baby Yoga provides many benefits, including:
- Increase in parental relaxation
- Strengthens, balances and develops the body systems
- Enhances the communication between parent and baby
- Further develops parenting skills
- Quality physical stimulation
- Induces a happy, care-free and lively parent-infant interaction
- Induces deep relaxation in adults and babies
- Helping your baby to sleep more deeply
- Your baby’s behaviour will be more ‘settled’
- Providing a daily routine of activity
- All the baby’s bodily systems are stimulated, including the digestive and nervous system
- Yoga helps to heal any birth trauma
- In one session, the baby is given as much physical actiity as they would receive if they were handled/carried all day